The activities at SMY are open to everyone. The International Meeting Point, located in the center of Pori, hosts a variety of events, clubs, and courses for children and adults. Club fees are 15 € / semester for children and 18 € / semester for adults. Events and other activities are free, unless advertised otherwise.
The association is an expert on multiculturalism and immigration in the Pori region. Moreover, the association acts as a spokesperson for immigrants, and other actors, as well as undertakes various projects.
OWN CAREER -PROJECT
The target group of the project is
to promote the employment of long-term unemployed customers in Satakunta, and prevent prolonged unemployment.
- personal advice
- providing and searching for workplaces, work trial, training, studying, and rehabilitative work
- support in dealing with administration and affairs (government forms, e-commerce,
equivalence and recognition)
- information about Finnish working life, trade unions and working culture
- DIGIPort: digiCV, electronic work documents like electronic qualifications, certificates and translations
- InnoHaku: digital skills for job search and e-commerce guidance (TE-Toimisto self-service, registration
for HR company websites, OmaVero (Own tax))
- various Finnish language courses, including TEHO and NonStop Finnish
- Live Language Chain and Let’s Talk Together: Finnish language exercise through conversation
- Interview simulation
- Workshops, for example: HR, CV, Job Search
- Groups, for example: workplace visits
- training supporting short-term employment